Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Help


The Help was an excellent book. I had heard so much about it and couldn't wait to read it. I put it on hold at the library and was on the wait list - number 253! I thought it was a lost cause. I was just on the verge of buying it when I got the e-mail that I could pick it up. It was worth it. What a great story. It is about the relationships between white women and their black maids. I was flabbergasted at the attitudes that people could have - and that they could so blatantly demonstrate! The early sixties must have been an interesting time to live. Being from where I'm from and growing up when I have, it's really difficult to believe that this could have been the way things were. This book really opened my eyes to racial discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment