Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jacob Have I Loved


I just finished listening to Jacob Have I Loved on CD. It was an okay story. I kind of felt the same way about Bridge to Terabithia - I just didn't totally love, love the book. This one seemed to have a pretty mature theme. I don't know - I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

I also read Mercy by Jody Picoult. I didn't love it. I've actually really liked other books by her (with the exception of one other book.) I really didn't think that I'd like her books - I guess I have a thing against serial writers - those that have so many books that I can't fathom that they could be any good, you know? For the most part, I really like the ethical situations that Jody Picoult writes about; they really make you think. This book, however, was too much like what I'd originally expected her books to be like (why I'd never read them until recently.) Unfortunately, if this had been the first book I read by her, I can't say that I'd read another.

No comments:

Post a Comment